Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

tutorial for surface modeling

soboyle

Looking for good tutorials for surface modeling in Pro/E, I've been using pro for 10 years, but never ventured into surfacing, I think its about bloody time I did.

Any good online, or book tutorials that are worth looking at?

I have created quite a few surfacing tutorials. You are welcome
to the login and password but it does change often.

The strength of this class is really revolves with teacher pushing
student as the tutorials are not designed to be used unless you took
the class already.

[i} http://www.mayatools.com/tutor/private/tutorProE/Surfacing_Level_1_Index.php Creo 3.0 Level one surfacing class

http://www.mayatools.com/tutor/private/tutorProE/Surfacing_Level_2_Index.phpl Creo 3.0 Level two surfacing class

http://www.mayatools.com/tutor/private/tutorProE/ISDX_Level_6_Index.php Creo 3.0 Level six Creo surfacing Style ISDX class

The current
login and password is...

New login and password as of Jan 2016
l: student
p: aucheval < a really cool new restaurant in the Westloop of Chicago (our neighborhood)

we will be updating w/ new surfacing tutors and models over the next few weeks.

Check out the new press on the site... Design-Engine Education: Industrial & Product Design Training Press Page
Creo Surfacing classes Design-Engine Education: Industrial & Product Design Training in Creo Surfacing
Updated this from a 2005 post march 10th 2016

Last edited:
hiii design-engine

U r doing a gr8 job dude i find ur tutorials excellent if u got some more i would appreciate it keep doing the gr8 work bye

Thanks for the links to the tutorials, those are great, but obviously are intended to be done in class since there is no speciic instuctions on how to achieve these shapes. Any other tutorials out there that are intended for a more hands on approach, outside the class room?

design-engine said:
I have created quite a few surfacing tutorials. You are welcome to the login and password but it does change often.

The strength of this class is really revolves with teacher pushing student as the tutorials are not designed to be used unless you took the class already.

Surfacing level 1: Level one Wildfire WF2.0
Surfacing level 2: Level two WF2.0
ISDX level 6 & 7: Wildfire ISDX Style features WF2.0

The current login and password is...

l: student
p: starfish

we will be updating w/ new surfacing totors and models over the next few weeks.

Check out the new press on the site... http://www.proetools.com/press.htm

first thank you for your help,you are nice man

but from the web site i see one sentence "+Sketch planes
Notice the underlying sketches. They were downloaded from the US Patent office web site. "

so can anyone tell me where can idownload the pictures ?i want to know the web site .

thank you

ivan

hello design-engine ....

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

you have done a really good job there

I found this link that I posted from 2005 and updated the login and password for those of you who might like to poke around inside. You might find it hard to understand the models? I updated the link to the surfacing classes as well. As many of you know Design engine has pushed very hard at training and specific training materials. Although we have a video training delivery system (this login and password is not that) this material is what we utilize to administer our one week surfacing class. It is not you typical VAR step by step read to you from a book type of training as many of you know.

Last edited:
If you are looking for a good surfacing class (or good surfacing tutorials), i could recommend Design-engine! Back in 2008 i searched the web for an advance surfacing class and found Design-engine. I called Bart (and Steve@D-E) , and even though I'm from Sweden, I found it money well spent to go to Chicago and take the one week surfacing class!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back