Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

trial.txt

saikrishna

hai all,

i do assembly yesterday and save it .i open today some sub assemblies were not found how to retraive yesterday file with use of trail.txt file , where i found trail.txt files
smiley19.gif

Hey,

Just try n find or from by usaual windows search locate the latest trail file for that particular day..... then open the same file with notepad & then save that file as .txt file,

then through pro-e window run this .txt file you'll get all the files retrieved...

hope this will work else lemme know your concerns,

Cheers....

Ravi G
smiley17.gif

thanku ravi for u r suggetion

i know that save in note pad after confusing run trial.txt files in pro-e

how to run that exactly tell me plz--saikrishna

Hey Here is how it works..........

while saving the file with txt format... kindly delete the last 2-5 rows fo that trail file, then save it as .txt file.

Open pro-e part or assembly session(it depends what you want to run trail file for, is it part or asm) then you need to go to "TOOLS" pull down menu in which you'll findPlay trail/training file click that & browsefor the saved .txt file,

so after this you'll be done, then save the file ,

Hope i made it clear this time
smiley17.gif

Cheers....

Ravi G

I happened along this post and thought it would be good to learn this technique. I generated a couple of trail files by opening a part in Pro-E, fiddling about a bit, saving it and closing out. I can find the trail file by looking in the trail file directory using Windows Explorer, but I don't find it when I use the Tools-Play Trail/Training File method. It takes me to the right place, but no trail files show up.

Any possible explanations? I'd love to figure this out so that it can be as easy as possible for anyone here to use this technique.

Thanks in advance...

Working with Trail Files is always tricky...No guaranty that you get what you expect.

To run a trail file, you must rename the file to any name other than "trail"

There are certain config options which you might find helpful

TRAIL_DIR = <folder path>All the trail files would go in to this folder

set_trail_single_step = yes , enables the trail file to be run in steps, you have to hit ENTER to go the next step

trail_delay=<integer>, delays the trail file steps by the number of seconds se

Thanks for the tips. Haven't had much time to play around with this yet, but I want to figure it out now just in case. We still use a folder system here, so managing files is a big deal for us. I want to know how to react in case of an "emergency"...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back