Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Translate Autocad to Pro/E

galanm

I have seen posts on Pro/E to Autocad translation but none the other way. I have a quote for $50,000 for 12 sets of prints, is there a less expensive option? We are using Wildfire 5.
Edited by: galanm

You can bring 2D Autocad data into a Pro/E drawing by importing a DXF file or an Autocad .dwg into a Pro/e drawing. For 50K I hope you are getting the 2D Autocad data converted to 3D Pro/E files.

Edited by: Volunteer

Hi G

Just for my clarification are you looking for a conversion or do you need the parametric model to go with it? How many Drawings make up a set? are these drawings just a visual rep?I often times will insert> shared data(DWG) to blank drawing rescale if needed and convert colors. WF 4

All the modelling and prints were done in AutoCAD and for our compliance we need full sets of prints in Pro/E. I work for a medical device manufacturer and paperwork is a huge part of it. I need to carry over parametric capability from ACAD.

When you say all the modeling was done in Autocad are you talking about 3D models done in Inventor or, are you talking about 2D drawing done in Autocad?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back