Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Toolkit application for Design Discussion

vuuch

We are looking for people to test our toolkit application used for design discussions. The app allows you to create messages right from within you CAD session. As well you can ask the message serve to show you all messages about the part you have open. If you are interested you can sign up at vuuch.com.

We plan on making the tool available for free.

I've just downloaded this and can see its potential.

Its seems a good idea allowing discussions to be started from within Pro/E. So far I've just used it to send e-mails, but this is done from right within Pro/E and the e-mail stored within the part. The e-mails are from "discussion vuuch" rather than from my own e-mail address, which is not ideal but I can see this being a useful tool.

Originally I thought it had crashed Pro/E, but the Java window was hidden behind the Pro/E window and was waiting for me to login.

Anyone else had any experience with the tool?

Sam

Sam there is a new version of Vuuch, just released. Have you tried it yet? We are looking for people who will put Vuuch into production and give us real use case feedback.

Relative to "discussion Vuuch" in the email - the reason this is done is people can just reply to that mail and the reply will come back into Vuuch. When they reply if they add somoneor attach a filethe person and the file will not endup in Vuuch at this time.

is it possible forthe guy receiving the email to spin pan zoom the model? many times i get answers from guys who don't have pro-e.

Not at thsi time but this is somethign that will be added. Today the person who creates the discussions can automaticly capture as many images as they want. The images are at your screen resolution. When you reply you can so the same.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back