Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

tolerance in ISO mode

luca.taddeucci

hi,

I have a problem with tolerances: when I try to put a tolerance for a hole I can only choose a "H" tolerance type, while if I try to put a tolerance to a rod I can choose "f", "g", "h" up to "m". I suppose there is a table somewhere which have to be filled with the missing info, but I have not been able to find it.

I found a parametere which could be interesting "tolerance_table_dir" but it doesn't appear in my config.pro

thank you for your help.

Luca

From the Setup menu, there is a selection for tolerance class when you choose ISO tolerancing.

In config.pro, you can set these values:

tolerance_class medium

tolerance_standard ISO

thank you looslib,

your tip solved the problem, but is it possible to define which table has to be automatically load when proe get started?

bye

With the tolerance class setting, that determines which class with the standard PTC supplied tables to use.

You may have to load the .ttl file into your model to get the tolerances.

luca.taddeucci said:
thank you looslib,

your tip solved the problem, but is it possible to define which table has to be automatically load when proe get started?

bye

You could that by creating an empty part. Then with Edit -> Setup -> Tolerance ... load the tolerance table you want to be loaded by default. Save this part and use it as a template part for new parts. Every new part will then have this tolerance loaded by default.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back