Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Title Row in a 2D repeat Region

dannerj

I've seen a couple of posts on here about this topic, but I have seen no resolution. Either one doesn't exist, or no one knows...
I have a large 2D repeat region of a screw, and it's paginated out several times. I'd like to get the first row that says part number, screw size, length, etc... to start each paginated section. Is there a way to do this?

I'm using Creo 2.0

Hello dannerj,
It seems, you are looking for a title block in a Bill of Materials (BOM). After Repeat Region selection,
Double click on the cell

For Sl. No --> rpt, index
Part No--> asm, mbr, name
Qty -->rpt, qty.

It may not meet your requirement. But i have just given an clue.

CADfan

Hello CADfan, this is not quite what I'm looking for, but thank you. I'm not looking for a Bill of Materials. I'm trying to figure out how to get a title block on each paginated table. In other words, a single table that has been "broken" up because of it's length. I'd like a title block on each section, so I don't have to keep referring to the original section of the table. Looking into it a little, I don't think it's possible.

Yes, of course it it possible. In the paginate menu there is a menu selection for Add Title. This is for setting the title row(s) that will show up on each page at the beginning of the paginated table.

Select Add Title, select the repeat region; Then select the title row. Accept and you are done.

Yes, of course it it possible. In the paginate menu there is a menu selection for Add Title. This is for setting the title row(s) that will show up on each page at the beginning of the paginated table.

Select Add Title, select the repeat region; Then select the title row. Accept and you are done.

Unfortunately, that won't work with a 2D region. I get this error message "Cannot add header/footer to 2D repeat region."

I guess I should really pay a little more attention. I am not sure about that one. 2D repeat regions add some complexity to the header.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back