Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Title block updates incorrectly

cmosen

Hey guys,

My company has set up drawing formats with title blocks that automatically populate based on the part/assembly parameters. I've been working on a drawing which has the assembly on the first page and parts by themselves on subsequent pages. However, the title blocks are not updating to the correct part/assembly and seem to be muddled and taking the parameters from a random part.

For example, pages 1 and 2 have different displays of the whole assembly and page 3 and 4 are two different parts from within that assembly. The title block on the first page is correct, page 2 uses parameters from the part on page 4 instead of the assembly, page 3 uses the assembly parameters again, page 4 uses the part from page 3. Sorry this is a bit awkward to explain in words.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Some way of setting the active model or something?

Cheers

At the bottom of the drawing view, there are 4 sets of text
SCALE is the current scale of the drawing
TYPE is the type of active component in the drawing (part or assembly)
NAME is the name of the currently activated component
SIZE is the size of the drawing (A3, A4, etc)

Double-click on the NAME and you can change the currently active model. If you then double-click the SIZE, you will get the sheet setup box, which will allow you to change the format. If you change the format to the same format, it will prompt to keep/remove existing tables from the format. Remove the tables, and they will be filled in with the correct parameters.

The title block auto fills with the data of the active model when a sheet is added or the format on a sheet is changed.

So you need to set the correct active model before add a sheet other wise you will have to update the format. Alternately, you can edit the text string in each parametric cell of the title block and manually change the instance index to the correct value. Not recommended for the faint of heart but it works.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back