Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Title Block General Tolerance Selection

willwoll100

Hi All,

I've read and read and read and searched and searched and searched but to no evail.

My problem is that at the moment our title block states that we use ISO 2768-c by default now what I want is the drafters to be given the option when creating a drawing to choose between;

ISO 2768-f
ISO 2768-m
ISO 2768-c
ISO 2768-v

So what I'd like is to have some sort of prompt on drawing creation to select the general tolerance to be used and placed in the title block.

Is this possible?

Cheers

Will

PRStock said:
One idea. Createa parameter in the model, say ISO2768, give it the required value and call that out in the title block.

When you say 'give it the required value and call that out in the title block' do you mean put &ISO2768 in the title block? But what do you mean give it the required value, do you mean input the post fix for the grade of ISO2768 upon drawing creation?

make a parameter "tolerance_grade" in model and put &tolerance_grade in your format.

so that when creating drawing, pro/e will prompt to put proper tolerance grade.

sanjeevkar1 said:
make a parameter "tolerance_grade" in model and put &tolerance_grade in your format.

so that when creating drawing, pro/e will prompt to put proper tolerance grade.

Yeah I'd thought of that but I wondered if there was a way to have an option of actually choosing the grade rather than inputting the grade so that there couldn't be any 'drafters error'?

Cheers

Will

oh man sounds interesting. for that i think u shud have to work on pro/program and bout that i have no idea.

let me know if you get some thing worked out. this thing can help me too.
smiley2.gif

Search your Pro/E help files for "restricted value parameters" : you can add restricted lists, for example: tolerance_grade could have just those grades you allow: this would reduce drafters error.

The help files go into detail, some excerpts here:

You can create restricted value parameters that use definitions from a restriction definition file. This file defines the parameter name and type, and optionally, the value of the parameter or a range of values for the parameter, or a list of values for the parameter. After you create restricted value parameters, their definitions exist in the model independently of the parameter file.

Ed

config setting to point to restricted values file

restricted_val_definition g:\pro_mech\res_val.lst

samplefile

res_val.lst

-------------------------------

ND_ParamDefArr_K01 = {

{ Name = DESIGNER

Type = string

Default = ' '

Enum = {'FRED', 'HANS', 'Gall'}

},

{ Name = grr

Type = string

Default = ' '

Enum = {'FRED', 'HANS', 'Gall', 'William'}

},

{ Name = MATERIAL

Type = string

Default = ' '

Enum = {'GAMA', 'Aluminium', 'Steel', 'Zinc', 'silver'}

},

{ Name = COLOR_MATERIAL

Type = string

Default = ' '

Enum = {'white', 'black', 'grey', 'light'}

},

{ Name = num_1

Type = real

Default = -5.0

Range = [ -10.0 , 0. ]

}

}

------------------------------------

then you get a dropdown of choice

has to be in effect before lauching

[url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36 314&KW=restricted%5Fval%5Fdefinition [/url]+

k?

the lst file has to be in effect.. the parameters do not have to be in the model..

but say you add grr...

Enum = {'FRED', 'HANS', 'Gall', 'William'}

edits have to be made to the file .. then restart... can't add things while proe is going and expect updates..next time it starts ..yes

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back