Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Threads and Knurling on part

Rasorr

Hello,
I having difficulty in drawing the Threads, Both Internal and External, I knows little bit drawing a thread with Protrusion command, But It is difficult to draw the Standard Threads with it like M18 and cross section of Threads like square or circular.
I also have problem in drawing Knurling on part, Plase Tell me How to Draw to Threads and Knurling on Part Model.
Thanks

[[[[[[HAVE A NICE DAY]]]]]]]
smiley17.gif

Rasorr

If its just for show in the model forpicture purposes, i just slap a jpg on the surface. A picture for threads and one for knurl surface. I dont ever have the need to show actual threads of knurl the surface. Too much crunching for my little machine.

I want to make it on Part models, then how should I draw it? I don't have to draw it for Picturepurposes.
And I also have Question that Is threads and knurling required on part which we have to assemble?

Thanks you for ur response garymig :D

Thanks, Now I knew how to Do threads and Knurling on part
But stills Question in mind

Is It require to show Threads and Knurling on Part which want to assemble ?<br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">

Edited by: Rasorr

Rasorr, could you rephrase/elaborate the question?

For manufacturing purposes, a cosmetic thread is the way;
that will show up on the drawing as the 'five minutes to
nine'-line inside the main contour; all more than that
would just be cluttering up your drawing.

For assembly purposes the best way is just an axis or a
cylinder... the assembly doesn't care about apperances.

The helical sweep would be used when doing an injection
moulded or rapid prototyping part where you need the
actual geometry.

Rasorr - it is not required to show threads and knurling on parts for assembly. It would only be necessary if you are going to create life like renderings of your part.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back