Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Thermal---Temp. to Watt??

05735620d

In Pro/mechanica thermal, when I have to input the heat load with a "Q" value. I have seen some example which mention that "Q" represent "watt".

But I just know the temperature of my heat load, how can I convert Temperature into Watt??

Am I doing in a right way?

Thank you for your help!!!!

I guess from your query that you are a bit confused. Watt is a unit of
Energy. In the boundary conditions menue You have the choice of fixed
heat load (in Watts) or isothermal (fixed temperature)

Hi Nanosigma, I have actually never tried pro mechanica thermal before but i am a heat transfer engineer working in railway industry...My question in regards to your statement above is.."isothermal" and fix heat load....Do you mean isothermal as constant heat coming out from the surface denoted as constant surface temperature released to the surrounding? And do you mean "fix heat load" as amount of energy released or absorbed by material surface denoted as "Q" in heat transfer?

Im sorry if this question is a bit silly as i never touched pro E thermal program before...This is part of my curiosity...Thank You anyway, please advisee

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back