Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

The following dimension could not be crea

Jacoolo

I have a drawing with many views. On some of them I can create a dimension(not show), on some of them not. Is there any rule for this situation? Why Pro\e does not allow me to create a dimension in drawing on view?

I met this problem many times and often there was some work around and dimension was done. But I can not belive it has to be in this way!

Any ideas?

I get that sometimes too and can be solved by changing view display to tangent edges solid

the other thing is since you want that dimension to show up on your print then you should be modeling it so that dim is in a sketch and can be added automatically

thanks megaldon I will try that

usualy I have to create such dimensions on outline drawing - for assembly.

I think I spent some time on investigation for this problem because with this situation I can not sleep:))))

lately I got another problem that I described on forum. It was about dimensions which disapeared after Updating the sheet. I made a Ptc call for that, and the message I obtained was something like - "we did not see anything like this before"

And of course the only solution was make a drawing from scratch:)))

I've notice when I have this problem it's got something to do with
maybe trying to dimension two parts of a broken view or when I select
something to dimension I'm not selecting what I think I'm selecting. If
I zoom in really close and select it, sometimes it works.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back