Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Text Syntax Guide?

MTPiscopo

Hello,

As a relatively new user to Pro/E, I've found one of the more difficult parts is knowing what text syntaxto enter in order to perform certain operations.

For example: If one wanted to create a GeoTol using text, youn can use a series of "@[...@]" brackets to make the boxes. Or if you wanted to only show a few rows of a family table in a drawing table, you use something like "&fam.inst.param.name_==_X".

I know many years ago PTC used to release a set of manuals for these text/syntax specific commands, but apparent;y they stopped. Does anyone know of a solid comprehensive resource for looking up different text/syntax commands? Perhaps there is already a thread on this somewhere? I've placed this in the drawing category, but I'm sure there are plenty of other syntax operations that do not relate to drawing/detailing...

Thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back