Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tessellation settings PTC calls 'Quality'

design-engine

I am showing the participants of my class here in Belgium the value of McadCenntral forum and thought I would pose a question. Not to discredit the PTC help desk but the collective experience on this forum is invaluable. I don't use the PTC help desk as you can imagine.

My question is related to tessellation (PTC calls the setting "Quality"). Extrude a circle sketch into a calender. (many engineers simply skip the sketched entity and extrude with out the separate sketch feature. If I set the edge display to Very High and quality above 20 (max is 50 BTW) All looks great. Unhide the curve that makes the solid. Looks great however the tessellation on that curve is still jagged. Any one know of a setting for that?

By the way, I am in Belgium Starting June 15th 2014 teaching a two week specialty workshop using Creo 2.0 and am planning on going to the MotoGP race in Assen in the Netherlands the weekend of 28 Race is on Saturday. motogp.com · Iveco Daily TT Assen Would be awesome to meet up with some fellow Pro/ENGINEER folks at the event or before for dinner / beers

I will be at the Sepang Malaysia MotoGP race the end of October since ill be teaching another surfacing intensive in Singapore then. Thanks to Dell Computers

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back