Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Template of Drawing

jonasrobberty

I've Created a Drawing without a template, after that I remembered that I'd have to use the factory's template that I work. So, Does someone know how to change " Empty template " to " Use Template that I've got" ?
See below for best understanding

Edited by: jonasrobberty

It's not this answer that I need.
I'm trying explaining what I really need. Please See picture below..

View attachment 5781

I need to use a template, Not Empty, because it is a standard in Factory that I work,
I don't know if it's possible to change after Drawing has been created.

Select File>Page Setup you can now add a format by selecting the Format column and then the down arrow! This will effectively allow you to add the template!

Things the template sets up are default views, layers, units, parameters, etc. These can all be manually added to an existing drawing. It would be good to create a few mapkeys toadd these after the fact in case you forget again in the future.

However I ran acrossa new one recently. Was trying to create a new drawing format starting with a copy of an existing format. It turns out the original was setup with metric units and apparently PTC decided the user should never change this.That's a one shot deal as well.
smiley7.gif

I believe that Mr. dr_gallup is correct. I also think that templates and formats are not the same.
I need to use the template because my drawings shall be send to PDM - Windchill ,
All layer, view , boom balloon, parameters, ... have been set up in this template.
Example I've created a drawing without template, so when I tried to "Check out" to Windchill I had a lot of problems. I cant set up my drawings, parts, or assembly. My config.pro is from my server that is placed in France.

Anyway I appreciate your helps
thanks a lot

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back