Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Teaching an in house class--- Ideas?

You could start with a bit of singing. Never works for me, but I think I just need the right genre for Pro/E.

Sam

Edited by: SW

you have to make a list of everything that is being done the wrong wayand tell them the way it is supposed to be done. that's your start

ps. i would kill for that opportunity so stop calling yourself an idiot and go home tonight, work your butt offand make yourself indespensible to your company.

I've not trained people with Pro/Process before, but have experience with more general Pro/Engineer training.

With your set-up, I would have thought the best way is to describe the general approach to start of with and explain what you are trying to achieve. This would be irrespective of the tools used or route taken. I'd then explain the problems with the multiple model approach or any other bad practices you've seen people use.

You should then give you a good foundation with which to explain the general approach you would like people to use. I don't think a lecture stepping through the commands works well, and especially as people will not have their machines in front of them. Instead, I'd prepare a tutorial document or a general workflow for each stage that people can work through at their own pace.

I'd say this is likely to form a good start for a few weeks and then I would adapt the material to suit the progress.

Bart over at Design-Engine is probably a good man to ask for further training tips.

Sam

A one hour session a week, isn't training. Tips and Techniques maybe.

A proper training class needs to have three major elements, Lecture, demonstration, and exercises. Anything less and it just doesn't soak in.Maybe toss in a quiz or a test too. Otherwise people will just not be engaged.

I have taught many internal training classes, both on PTC subjects as well as internal methods and you have to have all three. And to try to cram all three into an hour is tough. You can do it, just becareful of the topic's size. I would start out with a single topic, develop materials for it and present. If you have time left over, answer questions. If you have a lot of time left over, ask the participants what they would like to see next time. Or just let them out early. Nobody ever complains about that.

- marc

one hour does not reach. with two hours weekly advice and techniques
reach after.
That several years ago happened to me. I formulated a plan of
qualification correct of many hours it presents/displays and it. I was
enchanted to have that possibility, and I would give that I attend
under my conditions
I was much successful with my companions and the company

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back