Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tabulating datum points in a drawing

deedub777

I have a number of 3d datum points in a model that define a pipe run. I would like to tabulate the x, y, z coordinates of the datum points (relative to the main csys) in a drawing. Is there a way using parameters, etc. that this can be done? I would need to set-up a drawing template and have the tabulated dimensions updated as the model changes.

NB I do not have pro/piping or pro/cable.

Many thanks...

1. One thing that I can think of is to make a table in drawing 4 columns (1. point# 2. x-value 3.y-value and 4.z_value) and whatever rows you need......and in each cell enter the dimension for the point. Like &d200, &d125, &d12.......

This will do fine if you have few points but if they are like hundreds....it will take long to enter each point in the table.

and with toggle dimensions

2. One more thing you could tryis to not have the points added to the drawing but each time you modify the pipe line go to the points and edit definition, then click on the update values tab:

And a text file will open with the points values then go to file / save and save it as a txt file.......and supply that file for coordinates.....

Maybe someone else has a better idea

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response.

One thing I negated to mention is the datum points are not defined in the part but in a higher level assembly so the dimensions are not defined in the part alone.

Good technique though. thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back