Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

system shut down with pro E

tilco

Hi every body,

I am working for a company and we have just 5 licences. and 9 people use these licences. it is network licence I think.

I am always working with pro Engineer and since couple monty, I have problem with my computer.

1.Especiall if I do complex geometries or making technical drawings occurs a problem. window freezes blocks itself and proE shuts itself down

2. after Bloking comes a blue window and then the computer shuts itself down. I have no idea about that. I thougt at first that it can be up to the number of licences , when any of other collegues it uses. but it is not also up to that i think..

does any one have any idea about that????

PS: I have also changed the graphic card one time.. The errror continues...

1. Is this problem reproducable in other machines in your office?

2. what is the ProE version you use? wf3 or wf4 or what?

3. check the file std.out in the working directory or trail directory

4. what is the RAM you have?

5. Are you using PTC recommended or certified graphics card and driver for your workstation?

Hi again,

and thanks for the suggestions.

1. We have the same problem in other 3 computer. all of them have the same configurations. maybe just different graphic cards drives.

2. We use wildfire 3

3. There is a error message taht there is no ethernet card on the computer but we had had always these error. it had worked previously very well.
4. The configuration of my computer :

AMD Athlon(tm) 64X2 Dual
Core Processor 6000+
3.02 GHz, 2,00 GB RAM

Graphics Card NVIDIA GEForce 8400 GS
512MB

5. It is not a PTC supported graphics card. I checked it.

I dont know what to do.. I think It is up to the graphics Card not other things.

3GB switch.. that is what I couldnt understand exactly..but it think my configuration is below this value..

thanks again..

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back