Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Symbol from a GIF or JPG file

geertdaenen

Hello,

does anybody know if it's possible to make a symbol (*.sym-file) from a GIF or JPG file?

I want to make a new template with our new company-logo in it, and I only have this logo in GIF and JPG-files. And as far as I know, the only way to put in a logo into a template is by use of a "symbol"-file. Or does anybody have an other solution?

Thnaks in advance

Hi geertdaenen,

I you got an original from your logo in vetorial format (like .ai [Adobe Illustrator] or .eps) you can transfert it into .dwg or .dxf. Otherwise, look for a converter, there is a lot on theweb, and free, to transfert your logo in dwf or dwg. Then create a new symbol and import your dxf or dwg.

If you take the suggestion of csusie... The repoaint will do funny thing with your logo. But, another worst issue is when you have to export your file in dwg. Pro/E will export your drawing in a .dwg and your logo into a pic ( ex: compagny####.jpg). For each export, you will have a file of the picture of your logo with a number and unassocited will the drawing but requiered.

Olivier

The only way I found to prevent this extra file is to make the logo in ProE.

But when I print it out, because the logo is so small and the lines dense. it printed out as a blob of ink. That was a waste of time.

I would really like to see this export add-on addressed somehow.

Sip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back