Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Switching from Layer Tree to Model Tree

audctrl

Now this is going to seem a bit wierd. But I am having a strange problem. When I open up a model (WF2-140) I see the model tree on the left with all my features. I'm good so far. Just above the model tree I select Show>Layer Tree View attachment 4247

and the screen flips over to layers like it should. I then try to select Show>Model Tree

View attachment 4248

and nothing happens. For some reason it sticks on Layers. It doesn't matter if I'm in a model or a drawing once I switch to Layers, I can not switch back. Anyone else seen this? Comments? Suggestions?

I have assigned mapkeys to select show and swap tree type the way you describe, but also use my mouse and have never seen this issue.

One suggestion is to put the Layers Icon which is a toggle icon like Datum Display, on a toolbar and when you want the layer tree click the icon to turn it on and when you want to go back to model tree click it again to turn the layer tree off.

This is a lot easier than using the Show menu to swap between the two.

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

It's nice and it works well. But to add to the delema our set up here deletes the config.win everytime Pro is started and pulls a copy of a "standard" config.win from a directory that I can not write to.

Config.win files will load from 3 different places (in this order):

1. <LI><loadpoint>/text</LI>
    <LI>Home directory, as defined by Windows environment variable</LI>
    <LI>Start IN folder as defined in the properties for the icon used to launch Pro|E</LI>

Perhaps you can add another config.win file on one of the other 2 places. Be aware, however, that although config.win files will load cumulatively, if 2 config.win file modify the same menu or toolbar, the results can be unpredictable.

You can also just manually load the Config.win from using File > Open Settings in the customize screen dialog window.

You can make a mapkey like lcw Load Config Win that Selects Tools > Customize Screen then Paste the full path to your config.win

Whenever I make changes to the customize screen I usually save them to new files like config_001.win 002 etc. because you can and will probably find the config.win file becoming larger when constantly saving changes to it. If you get a really big file it may even crash Pro/E.

Michael

Hopefully we will get back to a more generic setup where there is a global config.pro and config.win and users can have the flexibility with a local .pro and .win.

I would like to thank those of you who commented it was my first post in quite some time. I plan on keeping an eye on the boards and try to help out others where I can. Thanks again DG and MJ.

Can you name the movie for this quote:

End of Line.......
Edited by: audctrl

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back