Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

suspension curve

Uni Phil

Hi all

I have a linkage connected to a suspension shock and I would like to know if what the suspension curve is like at different points of the shock stroke.

Is there a way of doing this and if so, how do you go about doing this.

Cheers guys

Israr said:
create point to point spring between the two ends.

Israr

hi israr, im not sure how that gives me a graph telling me the suspension curve.I already know how to set the spring, conditions and so on so that i can work out the spring rate and damping, but i wanted to know how much travel is achieved by a certain amount of shock stroke.

Hence, if the shock has gone through 100mm of its stroke what does thisamount to in travel at the end of the linkage?

Do i maybe have to set up a UDA to create something like this

Hi ncprog - the link you sent is for working out the damping so that you can work out a curve related to how the rear wheel bounces with different damping and compression settings.

I havent found that a problem and use that quite a lot. Thinking about it I may be able to customise the settings though and i might be able to get what im after.

thanks for jogging a new train of thought though
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back