Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Surfacing Course : Q & A ?

LOL... soon we`ll be talking of drawing boards or even etching the originals onto ply wood :)

Its crazy knowing that those such stories were not actually too long ago... and even scarier that even in todays fast pasted age, I still want everything to go faster faster faster !!!!
smiley4.gif

[-Skint- said:
]

LOL... soon we`ll be talking of drawing boards or even etching the originals onto ply wood :)

Heh. That same place - a lot of our designs were still on paper. We did some work for GM too and they had this edict that they paid $X per hour for a design done on paper and $Y per hour more if it was done in ACAD. So even if we said we'd do it in ACAD for the lower price, they couldn't do it. They only had the 'paper' budget so we had to do it on paper.
smiley11.gif
This was 1996!

Oh, and our drafting 'tables' were home made with 2x4's and plywood with Borco on top and a parallel rule.
smiley36.gif

That place was something. We had an ancient hulk of a blue print machine in the back. Don't you love the smell of ammonia in the morning?
Edited by: dgs

I used plastic on mylar. And I'm 43 years old.

I think those community colleges do an injustice showing students autocad first. They should get ink on mylar before autocad. Then go strait to Pro/ENGINEER

I have my course next week, starting on Wednesday. It seems I ( or You )
have already answered a lot of the questions I had with surfacing. I feel I
have much more knowledge now and can go in fully armed. I often think
people complain about courses not being what they expected, but I like
to go in prepared and then I should come out having learnt what I
wanted!

There is sooo much more I know I need to know, and can learn! Lets
hope the course gives me some answers eh
smiley36.gif

Im looking forward to it anyway, if nothing else, its 3 days away from the
norm.

Saturday morning and im browsing mcad forums, what a nerd !
smiley4.gif

Had the 1st day of the course yesterday. I didnt learn much at all
smiley18.gif

I think what I have learnt myself over the last few weeks was more advanced than the first course day.

I did learn a few little things that I had never heard of before, but on the whole it was pretty much a "read from a book and copy " exersize all day, of which most of the day I was waiting around whilst the one other student caught up, he was sooooooo slow
smiley18.gif

Was looking forward to the next couple of days, as the course content looked much more complicated and involved car body parts etc.... but....

alas........ its been cancelled due to the teacher having stomach troubles haha, running to the toilet every 10 minutes
smiley36.gif

Will let you all know when it will be rescheduled. I will be getting hold of a copy of the HUGE surfacing manual though, and will create a .pdf from it to upload
smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back