Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Surface Centroid

Mloew

Is it possible to get a centroid of a surface from Pro/E? I could not find a way to output the centroid for use in an analysis feature. I ended up thickening the surface and doing model mass properties and extracting the mass center. I want to avoid the use of solid features if possible. Any solutions out there? Thanks in advance!

I am using Wildfire 2.0

sezerserhan,

Do you have any useful information to present? Thereare not any built-in functions for area centroid calculation. I explored the options fully.

Edited by: Mloew

Mloew,

Honestly It's been a while since i looked at that in Pro/E , butifgetting the centroid of a surface in your model is what you are lookingfor no matter what the application (software) is, then you canrun a simple FEA and review the result in the centroid of that part.Youmay even apply this trick in Mechanicaas well, i guess.But, if you have to find out how to get it in Pro/E, i will try to recall it soon and get back with you.

cheers,

You can get the centoid of a planar surface by selecting ->model analysis ->x-section mass properties. You can select a plane or cross section.

For a non planar surface, you must thicken it and find the 3d centroid.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back