Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Stress Analysis Variation

ctarmijo

Good Morning All,

Has anyone encountered a problem where the way a feature has been created results in large variances in an analysis performed in Mechanica? My current issue is this. If I create a feature in ProE where the sketch is external and run a simple linear stress on the member, I will get a certain result. If I then take the same model and change the same feature so that the sketch is internal, I get a very different result. Is this common? If so, what is going on and which approach is the best to take.

Please keep in mind that we are performing this analysis on an educational license at the local univerisity and this isssue has now posed itself. Thank you for your help in advance.

Christopher

Should not make a difference in either case.Make sure that the settings you have applied is the same in both the analysis(like element size, aspect ratio etc)

make sure that the analysis is complete (i.e the results are converging.)

if you are still facing the problem then post us the model dimension constrains and the load.so that we can check it on our end.

Regards,

Deepak Bhat

You may be getting a stress singularity in which case if the mesh is slightly different from one feature to another the stress variance my differ greatly as well. Could you post a picture of the feature and how the model is constraint and loaded.

Luis

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back