Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

STL Export for RPT, Manual Fix

duisburger

hi1

i am trying to generate a STL file of my model for RPT. when i enter the minimum or nearly the minimum allowed chord length, i am getting a notice that one surface cannot be tessellated and a new window opens where in i am suposed to edit the tesselation points, but i cannot do that, all i can do is move the surface. it is prompting me to add vertices on the white edges, remove red points, which are intersections and remove yellow points, which i cant even when i click on these points.

anyone with experience in this regard, please guide me.

regards,

duisburger.

Hi,

if you encounter such situation my suggession would be to change the round radius at that location(try to reduce the round value).give a try it will work.allyou need to do is play around the value at the location where you are facing the problem.

Regards,

Deepak Bhat

hi!

thankyou for your reply deepak, but i still do want to know how to utilise the tool being offered for the manual fixing of the tessellation. do you or anyone else here have an idea, how to? since it will not always be possible to work around it. it has to do something with the STL convention, with which there is a conflict here, but exactly what, that is what i want to know. and other than that, the software is showing me an interface window, which i cannot use. this should not be hapenning.

regards,

duisburger.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back