Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Staggered fillet welds

Rbrgr83

Is therea way to show staggered fillet welds with "custom insert sysmbols" tool?On the same token, can I get a weld symbol on both sides without laying down 2 separate leaders on top of each other.

View attachment 3605
(From Acad)

I can get this to work by overlaying 2 leaders and making one with a larger/smaller height, but then my symbols are disproportionate which looks funny.

To get the weld symbol on both sides you need to use a combination weld symbol. There you can specify arrow and opposite side. To get the staggered fillets, you will probably have to redefine the symbol and change the location of the triangle for top or bottom depending on which one you want to move.

Well, you've done a good job of identifying what I need to do (and I supposed that you've verified that it's possible.) However, you really haven't specified HOW i'm supposed to go about doing any of these things. Just for future reference.

Not a big deal, I've since solved this problem on my own. I hadn't explored the various leader types that were available and there is a separate symbol for staggered fillets. Thanks anyway.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back