Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

stacking non qty bom balloons

Texas_Drafter

i have multiple balloons pointing to hardware in a drawing and need to stack the balloons. the balloons are not quantity balloons and i do not want to have the quantity on there. is there some way of stacking regular bom balloons.

u should be able to merge them the same way as the qty balloons as long as they are actual bom balloons and not balloon notes.

You need qty balloons to be able to stack them. I have made a custom balloon based on a qty balloon.

If you search for 'balloon' you will find a few balloon symbols, I based mine on "bomballoon.sym"

To make the balloon go into format>symbol gallery>redefine and youneed to first move the qty part away from the rest of the symbol,select the part of the symbol you want with a window, excluding the part you don't want and go <copy>. Then pick anspot in the window and <paste> then delete the original symbol. Then you need to go attributes and tick 'Radial Leader'. follow the prompts then 'OK' then 'Done' then then 'Write' then pick the balloon.

The balloon resides in the symbol gallery, and you simply pick table>BOM Balloons>Change Type then pick the table region then navigate to the symbol for the qty balloon (which now has no qty).

Ok, now I have worked out how to upload the symbol so here
it is. BTW it's for WF3 onward.

brenyw <a target="_blank" href="uploads/brenyw/2010-09-
<br / target="_blank">16_194312_Stack_Balloon.zip">2010-09-
16_194312_Stack_Balloon.zip</a>

also if you create a balloon, each line of text in the
balloon becomes a second,third,etc balloon all having the
same leader.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back