Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Spring Pass in Profile Milling

penjas14

Is there a way to insert a spring pass in profile milling? I usually set number of profile passes to 2 and then set the stepover for .0001" but I need it to take 2 passes at .010" and then a spring pass.

I am using WF4.0 M050.

Thank You

Penjas14,

What I do is in process manager copy your first profile sequence with the 2 passes then paste it under that first sequence. Then go into the copied profile sequence and change the parameters to remove the 2 passes and just make 1 pass with 0 stock and add lead in lead out and turn on cutter comp.

Very easy to do

That's what I figured I had to do. But I didn't know i could copy and paste the operations. That is very usefull information. Can I move operations around in the process manager and have it move my mill surface and volumes as wells as my material removals with it. Right now if I have to move operations around I have to move the volume, then the operation, then the material removal. Its very time cosuming.

I have not tried moving whole operations. Most of my manufacturing files only have 1to6(machining 6 sides of a part)operations with maybe 1 to 10 sequences in each of the operations. I try and keep them relatively simple for ease of editing.

I am sure it's possible to move operations, and I am also sure that the mill surfaces, windows and volumes will not move with them without editing.

I do create a lot of templates in process manager that make it easier to reuse machine sequences.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back