Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

spherical pressure vessel FEA

arthur

Hi I am doing a FEA on a sphirical pressure vessel, and am having trouble selecting my contraints. I have cut the vessel in half and selected a mirror constraint. Nexted I selected my displacement constraint being the surface that was cut. This gives results that are higher at the edge of the constraint. Does any one know how to properly constrain a pressure vessel.

hfd

can you post a snapshot of constraints you put? I thought that it's easier for us to give you some solutions

NDK

Hi Athur!

Point constraints should only be used in case of beam idealization. It'll cause stress concentration when constrained shell and solid models.

In your situation, I thoughtyou can use 1/8 symetry model (i'm not sure cause the pics are not clear enough).Suppose the symetric plane is in XY (also the cutting plane as shown in the pics). Then you put a surface constrain on that cutting plane and let Dx and Dy "free", all others "fixed".the same procedureforsymetric cutting plane in YZ and XZ.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back