Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

solidworks2006 file to wildfire2.0

ogdmfg

can anybody tell me if there is a way to bring in a solidworks part file and stillget it to remain all of the properties.I have alot of files that need to be translated, somebody give me some ideas.

jeremy

You can save files in solidworks as ProE .prt files. You don't retain the features, but the geometry remains. If you don't have solidworks handy, then I don't believe that ProE has an interpreter for it.

I have been running pro and soild works for a while and there has been posted a lot of how to save from one file format to another. Any way it is done it will import to a file like a step, iges etc. You are going to lose the properties weather you go from soild works to ptc or the reverse. I as wuuld a lot of people like to see the kernal formating have standards so we can move from software to software. I know that this is a business thing but I don't think any software will control the market and what they are doing ismaking things harder for all of us and creating a bottleneck in file transfer that hurts the whole country.

hi guys,

did you performed any progress in converting from solidworks to proe?

Ihave searched a bit, but all the applications I have found are "pay for translate" and not integrated or developed for free, or do not translate with the model tree.

so..
anyone as made progress?
regards!
ciao
edo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back