Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Solid Protrusion in WF2.0

sk_astroman

Can any one tell me how to add solid protrusion in Sheetmetal part. I tried it but i could add only solid cut.

Im using Wildfire 2.0.

Thank you.

what type of solid protrusion you want to add?? you cant add any illogic thing except of sheet features. means you can add same thick sheet area to existing or wall of all kind etc. If you want to join some solid feature you just can assemble itin assembly file.

Zaki,

I think there are times when you need to add a solid feature to a sheetmetal part. Case in point, adding a feature to the sheetmetal that is handled by a machining step. Seems a bit tougher to do that it used to be? Or maybe I have to play the menu mapper hunt again hahah

cheers,

M

If i'm not mistaking you can create an unattached wall to your part first, and after doing this you can merge the part with the new made wall.

I'm not sure if this also works with different thickness on the part.

However It does work if you use the same thickness.

I use this process when i create text in sheet metal and don't want to loose the openings in a O,P etc.

Don't have pro-e open right now, but you should be able to go into Insert-->Extrude Can't remember if it only lets you remove material, but you can give it a try.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back