Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

snapping witness lines length

ronfya

Is it possible to have some snapping of the witness lines lenght to some values ?
I mean, I would like that when I place a dimension that the witness lines have exactly 7mm long or 14mm long or 21mm long etc ...

Thanks

You can have guidelines surrounding your view on which you can align dimensions to arrive at what you want. Can't give a detailed description of the steps as I don't have ProE at hand for the moment.

Alex

I don't believe there is any way to explicitly define witness line length.

I can't even imagine an application. Would you describe or show why you'd
want to?

Given the right set of circumstances; i.e. dimensioning a line / edge length,
you ~could~ create an Offset Snap line referencing the line and then snap the
dimension to it or set up the snap grid for each entity (just kidding `;^))

If you really want to make a witness line of an exact length you should consider these 2 options also:

View attachment 3310

They control these 2 spacings:

View attachment 3311

And like it was suggested add a snap line : insert / snap line / offset object then select an edge and give a value to offset the snap line from that edge. Then add and remove those 2 values (above) and you will get an exact witness length. Don't know why all this trouble but this is the way of doing it.

Is there someone who measures your witness lines?, that's an interesting job,they are quite madif they ask you to make something like this,just joking
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back