Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Skip the refit after regen

pro_javi

Maybe this topic does not fit here but...

I want to create a video out of a model where one dimension changes and the model regenerates. For example, a simple extrude and the depth changes from one dim to another in several steps and i want to create a video showing the change. The thing is mechanism (animation) does not allow regeneration while making the video. Any idea?

I tried a workaround:

Take snapshots of every change (change dim, regen, snapshot, ... ... ... ) and make a video joining the snapshots. The problem is that proe after the regeneration makes a refit to fully display the model on the screen. Any way to skip the refit?
Edited by: pro_javi

Create a surface feature that completely envelops what your model is and will be. In other words, a box that no part of the model will ever stick out of during the process.

Put that surface on a layer and blank it.

Now Pro|E won't see your model as changing size and it'll stay in one place as you change it.

Does anyone have a answer on how to incorporate the Regeneration process in a animation? Is there a way to involve the flexibility feature in a animation? Lets say i had a mechanism under a ruber part and that the rubber had to bend and change its curvature. I could creat flexibility in the surface's dimension and make it change after each regen of the mechanism. The problem is how to creat a animation out of it?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back