Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

sketching in 3D

robo_kk

Hi,

I am trying to make a simple sweep element, like attached. Can someone explain to me, or show a simple tutorial how can i do something like this but in 3D? I mean, right now it is only in one plane, and i would like to make it more three-dimensional

Thank you,
Robert

sweep.jpg

create datum points in the 3D space and then create the sweep through those datum points. the datum points can be created via a table so that the table can be edited easily to adjust the points

create a sketch and project it to a surf (a surf thats not planar) and you got yourself a 3d curve. You can also intersect 2 curves to get a 3d curve. Or intersect 2 surfaces.... Or if you got isdx, do a curve using that.

//Tobias

create datum points in the 3D space and then create the sweep through those datum points. the datum points can be created via a table so that the table can be edited easily to adjust the points

can you explain it to me more? I have created datum points but how can i sweep through those points? how can i also add it as a table?
thanks

First you make a "curve thru point." Then you sweep along this curve.

When creating the points, you can do it by specifying a distance from a c-sys.

//Tobias

To create a 3D path for a sweep feature, construct two different path sketches. The sketches will be orthogonal views of the required 3D sketch. Then, select both sketches and select EDIT-INTERSECT. This will generate a new 3D sketch that can be used in your sweep command. Very useful IMHO.

To create a 3D path for a sweep feature, construct two different path sketches. The sketches will be orthogonal views of the required 3D sketch. Then, select both sketches and select EDIT-INTERSECT. This will generate a new 3D sketch that can be used in your sweep command. Very useful IMHO.

Very elegant suggestion. You learn something new everyday.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back