Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sketcher: Cant create specified dimension

ERamsey

Morning,

Was wondering if anyone is getting this error in Sketcher when dimensioning from the reference line to a sketched line?

We recently went to wildfire 4.0 (M050) and a couple of us started getting the Cannot create specified dimension when we go to dimension a sketch. We'll click on the reference line then click the line that is sketched, then click to drop in the dimension and poof a no go?

I even ran a simple square sketch withdefault reference lines. Click the ref line , line on the square clicked in between for a linear dim and Cannot create specified dimension. Although if I clicked the ref line then the edge blue dot and then between for a lin dim it would go. I would erase try the other way nothing, or sometimes Iwould get itthat way (which I could have swore I've always gotten it that way)????

Seems to me like a bug or is it something else?

Any insight is appreciated.

In sketcher mode show "dimension" button is ON?

Seems to me quite imposible what you say

smiley2.gif

Cristelino

Actually I found what the problem was:

Minimum_angle_dimension was set to 0

Apparently someone needed a .50 degree angle and thedefault setting was 1. When changed to 0 and you have a hard time creating linear dimensions (as discribed in above post).

Once it was changed to something other than 0 (i.e. .1) creating linear dimensions become a lot easier.

Sounds insane but it works now. thanks
Edited by: ERamsey

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back