Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sketch sweep trajectory

Geof

I would like to draw a extension spring. I know it is possible to find drawing of that type of object on the web. The picture I attach to this post is one of them. I would like to draw it to learn how to do it.

The spring I found is devide in five parts. 2 hooks, 1 spring ( helical sweep ) and 2 parts to make connection between hook and spring. I have difficulty to draw this part off the hook.

Question 1 : How it is possible to align all parts?
Question 2 : How it is possible to draw the trajectory of this sweep? The curve is not only in one plane it is in two planes a the same time.

This is a image of what I want to draw. The part in red ( selected) it is the one I have difficulty to draw.

SpringSection.jpg

I know it is possible to find spring drawing on the web. The picture I put in my post it is exactly this draw. I would like to know how to sketch this curve to improve my work with PROE

Yes it is what I saw in the example I found. They draw 2 curves. But I don't know how to merge it to make one.

first u hav to sketch 2 curves.then use the options

curves - 2 projections - select the 2 curves.it will automatically merge.

For geometry like the section in red above, I usually do the following:

1. <LI>Create the geometry on either side first, makine sure that a centerline datum curve or surface edgeexists for both portions</LI>
    <LI>Create a curve through points using the two existing end points</LI>
    <LI>Set the new curve tangent on both ends to the existing geometry</LI>
    <LI>Make a solid feature using the new datum curve
    (I would use a solid pipe feature in this case as it's the easiest)</LI>

-Brian

I am in 2001. Idid a first curve, then on other side a second curve tangent to the first curve and then protrusion sweep (select trajectory).

Thank you for your example but I think it is not exactly what I want to do. If a look to your example I have a first curve in the first plan and after that second curve in a second plan. If you look carfully to the image of ther firt post, this curve is in two plan at the same time. I think is it like you merge your two curve.

I study the example of my first post and I think it is possible to do somthings with merge tool but I don't know how to use it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back