Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

simplified rep management

bretonh

Hello,

Is there a way to automatically exclude newly inserted components from an existing simp. rep?

In other words, I have an assembly, I create a simp rep, when I insert a new component, I want it excluded from the said simp rep.

Doable or not?

Thanks,

It can be done if you set therep to exclude. You can then add the components you want. You can also make the simplified rep active when you want to assemble components and have them added to the rep, assemble them, and save the rep. If you have the rep set to exclude, when you have another rep active and assemble components, these components should not be added to the rep you don't want them added to.

I finally got around to trying this.

How do I set the rep to exclude? Is this done through the rules? I'm using WF 4.

Thanks,

When you create the rep, select to exclude for default. Then, you will have to go select items you wish to include or show as a different rep.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back