Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Simple easy to use renderer

ben

hi

i am after a nice,quick,simple,cheap way of creating photorealistic images. I've messed around on and off with photorender over the years and it just doen't create the kind of level of image quality i need.

My requirements are:
1. be able to import a proe model, or iges/stl
2. dead easy to use (would be purely used for simple renderings)
3. inexpensive
4. quality of image to be 'realistic', where someone might glance at the image and ask themselves whether it is computer generated. after further inspection they would probably conclude that 'yep, it's been done on a computer'

Any advice/pointers would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

ben

Hello,

my 2 cents :

a) ARX : still does not keep up with the big boys in render software and too expensive for what it is (1400

Ben,

I have been using MAYA for rendering. Its host for Pro/E models. By the way Widfire 3 and 4 offer lots of improvements and I have created some masterpieces inside ProE. Especially .lwa files are now supported and lots of free .lwa files are available on net which can beautify your work.

Israr Ullah

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back