Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Show sketch in Mechanica

jhyder79

Does anyone know how to make Mechanica (WF 2.0) show a sketch or even a coordinate system in the results window? I'm trying to create a view where I show the FEA results and a outline sketch of the rest of the machine in the same window, but it appears that you can't do this. Is there any way around this?

Dear jhyder79,

I found your method (Pro/Piping trick, posted 17 September 2009) of creating a flexible hose ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zREwwimvsm8 ) is very impressive, but can't reproduce it: - if I have straight hose in the sub-assembly, then there is only one dimension (length) in assembly. On the other hand, if I have non-straight hose in the sub-assembly, then I can't make it straight in assembly. My guess is that I'm doing something wrong with the constraints the of second fitting. Could you please share some demo files (as it was described on YouTube)? Many thanks in advance.

In addition, in another post (Pro/E Transform Format?, from ), you asked about the Transform. Did you find an answer? Thank you.

Regards,

Mike

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back