Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Show Other Dimensions

feltmounce

How do I show other dimensions in a drawing by editing the note. Example: I want to dim a hole's dia and depth. I add a dim for the diameter, then edit the note to call out the depth as well. I think oyu use the "&" in the note to reference the other dimension, but I can't make it work.

Edit: I figured it out. Just use the "&" syymbol with the dimension name (eg &d28). So now the question is, how do I format this extra dimension, such as number of decimal places, and showing tolerance. When I double click the dimension to edit these values, the changes only effect the main dimension (diameter), and not the second added dimension (the hole depth)
Edited by: feltmounce

feltmounce

You need to do this before it goes in the note.

You can change this in the model, as well, I believe.

Sip

Yes, you can change the decimal places before you call the value in the note and then use <&d28>, this would make the the original dimension to disappear but be shown in the note.

Harsh

1. In drawing if you place the dimension directly in the hole note you can't change the dimension decimal places after placing it in thatnote.

However if you create a note in drawingand put both dimensions in it like

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back