Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sheetmetal Mirrored Instances

timmerator

Has anyone found a good way to make a mirrored part/instance in sheetmetal?
I have had difficulty when creating an instance that I want to be handed, in that, the model will flop back and forth every time I regenerate the instance because of the negative angle I put in the table... Thoughts would be appreciated

Have you tried the Feature Operations feature? Go to EDIT, FEATURE OPERATION< MIRROR (OR COPY). Play around with this command a little. You can even copy or mirror a feature with or without associations.

Sonics

Last time I had a go at it I found that sheetmetal was not that good with mirrored features. Flat to round transitions wouldn't mirror, but some simpler things also failed. The way I understand it ProE is trying to mirror too much "surrounding" (sketch, parameters, ...) and fails. Although much improved the same thing went for patterns.

Alex

timmerator,

in the family table window, go to TOOLS, click on ABSOLUTE / RELATIVE DIMENSION VALUES. That should solve your problem with the part flipping over when you regenerate.

I use file>mirror part in WF4 I believe.

Then you get some nice options. Make it dependent on the other part or independent. I think you need to open the mirrored part and regen>save to make sure it updates though.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back