Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

sheetmetal constructions

Jacoolo

hey guys

Could You forwared me with a links/feedback considering designing parts in thin metal wall(sheetmetal) I am specialy interested in parts within 1- 3 mm wallthickness, therefore want to gain information from following scope:

*norms
*guidelines
*scope of used material
*punching
*bending
*etc

thanks in advance

jacek

Hi Bart

yea took a look right off the bat

I am playing with a google as usual to find something intresting.

But this is time consuming that is why I am asking here. I need some handy tricks, real examples etc etc

I just want to avoid verifying tons of pdfs to stay with 5 of them. Same with books - 300 pages long - 20 of them(pages) worth its money and reading
smiley11.gif

In the world of metal shaping our legacy is the Pullmax.
Yeah,like the old saying,swedish steel bites
smiley2.gif

I've never used Pro/Sheetmetal but I'd like to learn it for my private projects.
I've thought of posting some questions how to handle formed design in Pro/E but I never get the time to model something to strart asking about.

generaly I am not so interested in Sheetmetal module in Pro\E so far. This - I assume - can be self learned within some time and effort involved.

For this moment I am more on "manufacture ability" side - main rules, wall thickness, habits, etc. Just to not reinvent wheel again
smiley2.gif

I built a sheet metal class that uses Pro/ENGINEER sheet metal module ... the course is based on sheet metal manufacturing as opposed to Pro/SHEEETMETAL....Its all in my training materials online.

Are you building Training materials for sheetmetal now?
Edited by: design-engine

no, my curiosity is strict job related.

Can`t find time now for my "private hobbys"(i.e proe-warsztat web page)
smiley19.gif

I had done some parts within sheetmetal to play a little, I feel confident with most menus. I am now up to create sat receiver metal frame - not a big deal.

Just checking if I haven`t done any mistake.

Considering Proe-warsztat - when translating job is done, I gonna focus on an article - Best approaches to create part - related. I see there is a big lack of kinda stuff in polish. Good time to fill that up..

Then I add 2-3 tuts for surfacing, make a break at the end
smiley2.gif

Schedule is filled and planed - time is in demand
smiley11.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back