Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

sheet metal yatch

metin_mehel

hello.

I want to build a model yatch with proe. The hull geometry is created by blendingseveral curves. I need tounbend the hull. Then I willprint it into a a4 paper and cut outside so on.

However it is not possible to unbend this shape. It says improper geometry. What is wrong?

Thank you for your help.

View attachment 4863

well, if you have a part that has non-zero Gaussian curvature,it can't get fattened without wrinkles.it might be the reason you get that error. try using the developable option in boundary blend.

Edited by: solidworm

I might try and change your approach. Making this all happen in one part model is a bit of a stretch even fro pro e.Try anassembly model. Put the curves in one part and thenconstruct each surf in an individual part file. Flatten each part and then put them into a drw. You can arange the viws in order to maximize material uasage. Look on the internet for "stich and seam" boat building. This will help you understand how the boards will require extra material to overlap and mate. I have made a few model hydroplanesas a kid this way. (not with pro-e) This should be easy once you change your approach.

Chris

Did you try "flatten quilt" on the surface prior to thickening? That might give you a flat pattern you can use.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back