Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

sheet metal plot - inconsistent line

harichennai

Hi all,

i could not understand why in my plot , the line thickness of green lines in sheet metal drawing is having 2 different line thicknesses - thick(desirable) and thin(undesirable)?

Basically what I see in the screen is not replicated in the plot...

Eventhough i have played with Tan Solid , still no result,

also, i changed few pen settings, but in vain..

Please help..

Thanks in advance..

<h1>Try setting this to 3 in your config.pro:
</h1><h1>interface_quality</h1>

0, 1,
2, 3

determines the amount of work performed when checking
for overlapping lines in a plot or a 2d export file, such as iges.

<ul><li ="kadov-p-ctopic-text-bulleted">0—dumps lines in the interface without checking for
overlapping lines or collecting lines of the same pen color.<li ="kadov-p-ctopic-text-bulleted">1—does not check for overlapping lines, but collects
lines of the same pen color for plotting.<li ="kadov-p-ctopic-text-bulleted">2—partially checks edges with two vertices and collects
lines of the same pen color for plotting.<li ="kadov-p-ctopic-text-bulleted">3—completely checks all the edges against each other,
regardless of the number of vertices, fonts, or colors. lines of the same
pen color are collected for plotting.[/list]

How about, go toView>Display_Setting>System Color (Colors window pops-up), check on Geometry tab, click on Sheetmetal Surface button (another window with a actual colors use pops-up) select Geometry (which is default white color on drawings) hit OK button and all green surfaces on the drawing became white, as the rest of the geometry. Now Plot

Create a Map Key

Forgot, this is the wrong Forum to post your request for next time
Edited by: especial

Hi,

No success..

basically there is a clear difference in the way the lines are plotted , between the edges that is displayed in a similar thickness in ProE ,

Even if I change the pen thckness, it changes the line thicknesses, but still maintains the thickness difference between the different edges(which are displayed with same thickness in ProE)....

it is strange ...i hope i can get some directions from you guys, mean while i try to explore..

Thanks in advance for your help..

Try this

pen1_line_weight2

pen2_line_weight1

pen3_line_weight1

pen4_line_weight4

Also do what I mention above

After this if it isn't workingit could be may things, equipment, user, setup, etc ...
Edited by: especial

Hi especial,

1. My sheet metal drawing is already set to green for all sheet metal surfaces,

2. I presumed that your suggestion for pen weights is to be added in .pnt file, so i included in the .pnt file , but still no success..

Thanks for your help..

I dont know how this is caused..!!!

Youneed todo what I said in the first post because the sheetmetal model should be all geometry lines. Add the second post (pen weight) to the config.pro file.

Iam still working on this issue, I did add those lines in config.pro, consistency is achieved ..Thanks especial..

But now the result is not as desirable, but fortunately consistency is acheived.

Iam now working on the .pnt file for fine tuning the thicknesses and colors, Iam facing a problem there, I ahve started a new thread about .pnt file..

Thanks for all your suggestions

Have a nice day!!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back