Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Shaded view and wireframe view question

abm23

I have created a drawing for one of my part models. When I change the view from shaded to wireframe in the drawing, it changes the model view, as well (and vice versa). Is there a way to keep the drawing views in wireframe, but maintain a shaded view in the model?

You need to change the drawing view properties to that it doesn't follow the environment setting.

highlight all your views in the drawing, right click to bring up the menu and select properties. go to "view display" in the window that just popped up. In "display style", change it to what you want your views to look like. This will prevent them from changing based on your environment display.

hope that helps.

-Victor

Thanks, that worked!

Two questions, though. I'm unable select everything and change the view display (option is grayed out in the Properties window when I select more than one view in my drawing). Secondly, is there a global setting I can choose so that I don't have to change the view display on my views each time I create a new one?

Thanks, Aaron

Aaron,

Yes, there is. Right click anywhere in your drawing, select select "properties" from the menu that popped up. Now select "drawing Options" from the window that's pops up on the right.

Your options window pops up. This is the settings of your dtl file, which controls your drawing environment. Look for "model_display_for_new_views" and change the settings to what you want. This will give you what you want for all new views.

For future drawings, I would save this file so you can apply this to all your drawings.

Hope that helps,

-Victor

When you get the setting you want, save it to disk somewhere as a text file with a *.dtl extension. Then set this option in your config.pro file to make use of it each time:

drawing_setup_file complete_path_to_dtl_file

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back