Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

setting standard

config.pro is accessed and edited using the menu picks Tools >> Option. From the Options dialog, you can type in an option name, you can have all options listed so you can pick one (uncheck "show only in-session options"), or you can use the Find button to seach for an option of interest using a key word. In any case, after chooseing an option, enter a value (a field next to the option field). Click the Add/Change then Apply buttons.

So far, the new options are only aaplied in session. To save them permanently, from the Option dialog (before you close it), click the Save icon. Make sure the saved file is named config.pro and make sure you save it in the client's machine's Pro/E start-up directory. That way when the user launches pro/e, that config.pro will be read automatically upon starting the program.

Let me know if you want me to clarify further any of the above.

Here's a good site that lists all config.pro options, including hidded ones.

http://www.proesite.com/newframe.htm?/UTIL/view_config.html

dear hatim,

thanks for help. but if i wann to add some new option in it is that possible.

like my company name or something else but it will be a new option

and if i would like to add comment how can i

thanks

One thing is to add another option (that wa explained by Hatim), another thing is to add parameters.

If you want to use your company name on the drawing you need to add parameter or drawing parameter to the model and then use in accordance to Pro/E specifications. In case you want to "sign" your models and drawings with your company name, you can set the config.pro option "company_name" to "name_of_your_company". This way all the models will include information about your company name (when using Model > Info command).

If you want to use other information to drive the model you need to set-up parameters, which you can define through Tools > Parameters interface.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back