Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Setting Pro/E WF4 Search Path Files

jmckengineer

Hi, i am new to this forum, have got a problem with pro engineer not finding parts saved in different folders when opening an assembly, i have edited the config.pro in text file and saved it. and also linked the options folder in pro/e to this config.pro file, but does not seem to be working, the links below are what i am putting in the config.pro file in the program files of pro engineer, if any one could help solve this it would be much appreciated, thanks in advance...

i am editing the file located in/computer/program files/pro engineer wf4/text/config.pro

and putting the following search_path_files into the text file...

The first search path was already there and had a Z location for some reason?

search_path_file Z:\proe_files\Configs\search.pro
search_path_file C:\proe_files\Configs\search.pro"
search_path_file C:\Users\jason\Documents\Library\Start_Parts\PROE_FILES
search_path_file C:\Users\jason\Documents\Library\Start_Parts\PROE_FILE\COMMO N PARTS
search_path_file C:\Users\jason\Documents\Library\Start_Parts\PROE_FILES
search_path_file C:\Users\jason\Documents\Library\Start_Parts\PROE_FILE\COMMO N PARTS/COMPLETE_ASSEMBLIES

I don't think you are doing it right.

In the config.pro there are two different options:

search_path path/to/parts/and/assemblies

search_path_file path/to/a/file/containing/search_paths

Normally you would only use one search_path_file, not sure if Pro/E will load multiple search_path_files, but why would you?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back