Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sending out our Pro-E work

daddio

Hello,

We design and build metal stamping die. We design and do our machining using Pro-e but when it comes to ordering the diesets we have a reoccuring problem. The companies that we are using don't use Pro-e. We send them a step 214 file and the can't identify the holes. We are trying to stay away from doing a 2D drawing with every dieset. Is there a list(possibly feature parameter) that I can export that will identify the holes and their locations?

Thank you

Yes we tries IGES but we still end up having to identify the holes. The attributes from the model tree are all lost in the translation.

If it is a serious issue you may consider purchasing a basic package of
Pro/E just for your vendors. There are also way that you can set
up access for them to be able to grab a license of pro/e from your
company as well.

I don't know of any feature list you can dump out.

Send a 3d viewer file. If you have never played with it pretty simple. We have a program that cost around 300 usd. We can export out a render file to the viewer. You do not have to worry about any other software or file type. The open the file the viewer made. They can pan, rotate, zoom, cut in to view the inside of the part and measure any feature they want to. i have not checked out thread sizes but this works real well for outside people to view your part.

If they are true holes and not cuts. You can create a drawing with a hole table.

Save the table as a text file and send them that.

If cuts then use Datum axes, but you don't get hole dia. just locations

I also do tool design using pro. What holes do you have in your dieset that they can't see? Is it just handling holes or do you have them put all taps,dowels etc in?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back