Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Section starting point

pro_javi

Hi, i want to define a starting point in my sketch. The menu option Sketch>Feature Tools>Start Point is not active. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks.

I'm assuming you are creating a feature that uses multiple sections, such as a BLEND. Select the vertex you want to be the start point then select Sketch>Feature Tools>Start Point or right mouse click>Start Point.

I dont have pro-e with me at the moment but im pretty sure that feature is also hidden on mine, even when creating swept blends etc. Maybe its not part of basic package.

Like kdem says, if you are creating a swept blend and you get " rorational twist " you can select the sketch start point by right clicking on it. Its in the drop down menu.

The model is just a skecth. First, imakethe section, then i place a datum point with the entire sketch selected. The result is the following:

The datum point moves along the sketchgoing from offset0 to1 (ratio). This point will drive a sentitive study. Thething is thecurrent starting point of the sketchis not suitable for the study and i need the starting point to be located on the coodinate system.

In other modules, NC for example, you can easily change the starting point. Just RMB the point and select 'start point' but in 'normal' sketching this feature does not exit (at least i don

Select the curve chain and copy it. When you paste it select the References tab>Details>Options and specify the Start Point at the bottom of the dialog box. Then place your point on the copy curve. Its been a while since I have done anything in behavioral modeling but I believe you need to use a field point instead of a datum point.
Edited by: kdem

kdem, that is exactly what i need. Thank you very much.

You areright, i normally use field points for bmx but in this case the variable-offset- of the datum point works pretty good for the study.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back