Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

section components of an assembly

scolil

I have a box with components inside. I want to section the majority of it, but leave some components complete. I know I have done this before, but cannot remember how. Can anyone help me with this?

Also, when I create the section, sometimes it shows the opposite side from what I want to show. How do I flip the view of a planar section. I am using WF5.

That is definitely not what I expected, but it worked. Thank you very much.

Is there a way to exclude components from a section in the 3-d model, not just in the drawing?

scolil said:
That is definitely not what I expected, but it worked. Thank you very much.

Is there a way to exclude components from a section in the 3-d model, not just in the drawing?

Not by using a section. But "for show" (like pictures) , youcan do an assemblycut and exclude some component....

//Tobias

I've tried following this but may be missing something from the video. I assume that the section on the drawing is created using a zone xsection, 3D cross-section showing x-hatch for the drawing view. It looks correct in my drawing but now I cannot pick the xsection in this view, even with the filter on. What's missing?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back