Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Seal analysis, estimating the deformation?

mpowered

Hi there,

I am gonna need some help from you regarding straint analysis in Pro/Mechanica. I am running currently Creo Elements Pro 5.0 (M110) and I was trying to find out the deformation on a seal in mounted condition. So i build my task and I became, I think, reasonoble analysis (see below). What I am trying to do now is to esimate the strain/deformation on the seal according a section of it. So I put a measure and I select as a geometry element for the measure, the section. What I became is the following:

029692043-big.jpg

So now I am trying to understand what the vertical axis shows me. Can anyone help me with that? Did I make it right? Here is what I became as analysis for the deformation:

029694163-big.jpg

I think it is quit all right regarding the plausibility, now the question is - how to measure the deformation in percent, it is at all possible...... ?

Thanks in advance for the help!

P.S. Offcourse I ran the calculation as non linear, becaouse of the hypeelastic behavior ot the seal material.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back